2nd & 3rd Chapters
;Chapter 2 : S c h o o l . . .
-------------------------------------------
I DO NOT OWN TWILIGHT ! BOOHOO!
-------------------------------------------
The gorgeous guy smiled crookedly. I was beginning to like that smile. Love it, even. “I’m Edward Cullen. And you are...?”
I struck a breath, stammering, “Err... umm.. My name .. it’s.. B-b-ella. Bell-Bella.” Oh, SHIT. “Swan.” SHHITT! BELLA SWAN, YOU IDIOT, I thought. “Erm, my name-- it’s Bella Swan.” I finally said slowly and precisely.
“Oh,” Edward -- what a cute name! -- said in that low, sexy voice of his. “Nice.”
“Em, thanks.”
We’d reached my dorm room - 1608. We were in the elevator. “Thanks” was all I could say.
“Welcome, Bella. See you tomorrow in class?”
“Yeah, yeah sure. Er, have a good day.” WTF! Why did I say that??!
But, to my intense relief, he smiled. “You too. See you around.” He smiled again. He then helped me open the door while I kicked the bags in. “Bye,Bella.”
“Bye.”
I closed the door as he left. My room--WOW. I saw a really pretty girl about my age sitting down on one of the carved single beds. Ooh, the mattress looks really soft. “Oh, hi!” I said to her, putting all my stuff down on the next bed.
She was really gorgeous. She had really huge violet eyes, really pale skin, like white, full luscious lips, and long glossy blonde hair. She eyed me carefully. “Hi. And who may you be?”
“I’m Bella Swan.” Luckily not stammering, I thought.
“Um, okay, and I trust that you know who I am?”
“No, I’m new here,” I said. She must be some popular cheerleader or something.
“You don’t know who I am? WTF?” She looked really surprised. I shook my head. “Wow. Um anyway, I’m Shalynne Woods?” She said it in a way that made it sound REALLY obvious.
“Oh.” I was politely uninterested. I went to pack my things.
“Uh, listen, Bell-a. I really don’t want a dorm partner, but I’ll take one if I have to, and, honestly, you don’t make the cut.” She eyed my messy outfit. “Ugh. What did you do on your way here, like, fall?”
“Yes, I’m really clumsy. I took the bus here but tripped on the way out,” I said.
She raises her eyebrows. “Oooo-kayyy. Don’t you have money for a taxi or something?”
“Well actually I do, but I’ve to save money for my school fees.. I’m on partial scholarship.”
“Whatever. So you have to get a job or something?”
I considered that... I was going to get a job, right? “I guess so...”
“As...?”
“I don’t know,” I said, “Wait, I’ll check the net for available jobs.” I went to one of the computers and turned it on. Shalynne went back to reading her Seventeen magazine. I searched :
AVAILABLE PART-TIME JOBS FOR STUDENTS
Book Arranger
Date & Time : Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
at 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Job Description : Arrange books on the bookshelves.
Perfect for students who want to earn a few.
Payout : 3 $ per hour.
Hmm. Bookstore arranger, hm? I think the payout’s too little, though. I went back to searching again.
Babysitter
Babysitter?? Not my style, I wasn’t good with children. At all. Ugh.I didn’t even bother reading on the page.
Waitress
Date & Time : Mondays to Fridays
8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Job Description : You wait on people and get money. Easy as that. The Dream Job for boarding schoolers at Meritus.
Payout : 15 $ per hour
Oh, okay. Waitress was okay... But I might trip over something and, yeah. Waitress was way out. I searched... again.
Spa Intern
Date & Time : Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
at 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for weekdays and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. for Weekends.
Job Description : This job is for perfect for students who are a little short in money. You would have to fetch towels and order tea or Espresso for the clients and/or the massagers.
Payout : 20 $ per hour
Spa intern... Perfect! I smiled to myself, and announced it to Shalynne who just nodded and said, “Good for you in choosing an OK job. ‘Least you didn’t choose to work as a Mopper or something..” I called the number given on the site.
“Hello?” A frantic, yet delicate female voice said, in a French accent. “This is Emile Desdemonia. Are you registering for the Spa Intern job?”
“Er, yes, I am. My name is Isabella Swan, and I school at Meritus.”
“Oh, GOOD! You’re hired! We’re desperately in need of this job role. Today is... Sunday, could you come over to the Spa tomorrow at 4? You’re to start work tomorrow. Is that okay?”
“Erm, okay, sure. See you.” Emile Desdemonia hung up.
I decided to make a friendly conversation after I hung up. “So,” I started, “where’s everyone?”
She looked up unwillingly. “They’re not here yet. They come late. Like, at night..”
“Oh... Hey, we are allowed to go off-campus to work and all, right?”
“YES... only after school which ends at three, which means you can go out at four.”
“Oh, okay, thanks.”
As we were talking, someone knocked on our door. I sauntered out to answer it. I opened the door. “Oh, hi!”
___________________________________________
;Chapter 3 - S c h o o l
-------------------------------------------
I DO NOT OWN TWILIGHT !
-------------------------------------------
“God, Bella, SHUT UP with the alarm already!” Shalynne was complaining. She rolled over and went back to sleep. It was seven a.m., and my alarm clock was busting out some Taylor Swift song. I pressed the “Off” button and walked to our bathroom to shower.
As I showered in hot water, I remembered what happened yesterday, and I felt angry despite the hot water.
*flashback*
As we were talking, someone knocked on the door. I sauntered out to answer it. “Oh, hi!” I’d said.
Shalynne looked up to see who it was. “Edward?” she’d said, smiling hugely.
“Hey, Bella, Shalynne.” He nodded to me. “Let’s go, Shelly.” He smiled to her. ‘WHAT?!!’ I thought, ‘HE’S DATING SHALYNNE WOODS??!’
“Oh, you guys are... dating?” I said. “Really?”
Shalynne smiled. “Yea, we are,” she said. Grrrr..... THEY’RE DATING! NOOO! WHY OF ALL PEOPLE EDWARD?!?!?!
“We’re leaving now, Bella,” Edward said. “Bye.”
“Bye.” I couldn’t manage anything else.
After they left, I was alone in the huge room, I ran to the bathroom and cried my tears out. I knew this was very irrational of me, crying over a guy I didn’t even know, but—somehow I knew—it’d been love at first sight. And it’s torn out from me bye this.. this.. ugh!
My tears dried afterwards and my eyes weren’t red anymore. I ran downstairs to the rec. room, which I’ve never been to before, there were already people hanging out there. A guy, with a baby-like face and short blonde hair tapped on my shoulder and said, “Hey, you new here?”
“Oh, yeah, I am. I’m Bella Swan.”
He grinned. “I’m Mason Walker. Nice to meet you, Bella.”
“You too.” After that we talked for a few minutes about the typical things, school and work and whatever, until a blonde girl with deep-set blue eyes who looked a lot like Shalynne [popular cheerleader type] stood in my way and said, “I’m Ashlee Tanner. Mason here is my boyfriend so get out of my way.” Oh. It’s alright, I didn’t even like Mason, just wanted to be friends. After I walked away, I saw them kiss and make out while Mason looked longingly at me.
A few girls [who were thankfully not the cheerleader type] went up to me and talked to me. Their names were Alice and Rianne. Alice had spiky hair and had a pixie-like, small, but attractive figure. Rianne wore frameless glasses, and red hair which she pulled up into a knot and a muscled, well-tanned body. She was probably an athlete. They were both very friendly.
We talked for a long time, I found out they both were runners, and they shared a room together. I talked about my job for a moment, and I found out they both were like the smartest kids around.
After the chit chat, I said goodbye to them and went up to my room. It was empty, no signs of Shalynne nor Edward, which meant they were probably still out dating. Ugh. I went to shower, went down and ate the laid-out dinner of chicken lasagna with Alice, Rianne and a bunch of other friends. I was starting to love this school. When I went back to the room, Shalynne was back. She said her date was “great” and “awesome”. I just nodded and said “good”.
I did some preps for tomorrow and then went to bed at ten. Shalynne lectured me about being a goody-goody nerd while she went partying with Edward and her clan of followers. Greaaaaaaat.
*end of flashback*
So now I was here, standing in the shower. God, I was jealous. I didn’t hate Shalynne, but it wasn’t her fault Edward loved her. I turned off the shower and toweled myself dry, stepping out and changing into the grey school uniform. I put a pair of skinnies and a T-Shirt that said “I LOVE NEW YORK” with black Converse sneakers on top of the dresser because I’d be changing into that for work. Unless they’d make me wear another uniform for work. Boarding school started at 8.30 a.m.
Then when I went down to grab breakfast, I saw everyone already up and eating and socializing. Suddenly I saw Shalynne talking and laughing with her friends, her hair up in a stylish ponytail, and looking clean and pale. What the-... I just saw her sleeping in the room when I was going down... Oh, never mind, maybe she just didn’t shower or something, it didn’t matter.
A tanned hand grabbed mine as I was clutching a big spoon to get omelette from the buffet-like tray. I turned to see who it was. My heart skipped a beat, it was Edward. He completely ignored me when I took my hand off the spoon and I walked away. God, that was wrong, I felt so stupid but who cares, Edward was with Shalynne, not me. After I got my platter of food, I sat down with Alice, Rianne, Giana, Kent, and Ron, my lunch crew, my friends.
I ate quietly while my friends tried to cheer me up, to no avail. I cleared my plate with everyone else’s, I said I didn’t mind, and I walked with Alice to my first class, Geometry. “So,” Alice said, “you crushing on my brother, huh? I saw.”
I was shocked. “Who’s...your brother?”
“Edward,” Alice said, exasperated, “Jeez, I thought everyone knew. He’s one of the Populars, and he dates Shalynne, you know that guy? Edward CULLEN.”
“Oh... I didn’t know... But, to be honest with you, I do have a crush on him, just don’t tell anyone, not even Rianne,” I admitted in a low voice so that Alice would stop pestering me about it.
She squealed so loudly that everyone turned to look at her. “Oh em gee! O.M.G.! Ohmigod! Eeeeek! Hahaha, Edward? So many people have come up to me and told me they had a crush on him.”
“Really?” I asked, not really surprised. Why should I be, really, he didn’t look like that for nothing, after all.
“YES! And don’t mind me, but I think he and Shalynne are on pre-breakup status.”
“Ohmigod, really??” So there was a chance after all! God, YES!
We reached the class, finally. The teacher’s name was Mr Jone. He didn’t give no damn about introductions and I slipped into a seat beside Alice’s. The class was fairly boring, the teacher droning about stuff we already knew. I already hated Geometry, anyway, it was so boring. I knew everything about it already.
So it was class after class, hour after hour, period after period, until lunch. We were having pizza, I wasn’t so sad this time, I laughed and talked with everyone else. I was trying to take my mind off Edward. It was annoying how much I liked him.
After lunch was Biology and Gym. Gym was going to be torturous. I walked to Biology by myself after lunch. I had a seat alone. In front of me were seated Edward and Shalynne, they’re hands entwined together. Oh, this is going to ruin everything. I thought they were on pre-breakup?!?! I’m just going to ignore them and concentrate.
___________________________________________
A/N : so, how was this chapter? I think it’s a bit longer than usual, but the next chapter’s gonna be about Bella working.... and blah di blah di blah, not goin to say more ! Teehee! =)
Please R+R! thanx !
-------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home